Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blame it on the heat...

Yeah, the heat! It's been so hot here (is that normal... should we have not brought all our wool turtleneck sweaters down w/ us from Portland?), we haven't even noticed the weeks flying by since our last post. (Okay, months flying by since that last post.)

We both grew up in this toasty holiday heat, so it's not unexpected, but after eight years of those woolly sweaters and seeing your breath and actual snow days (well, not always in the Beaverton School District -- sorry, inside joke for the BSD visitors), it's kind of challenging to think of 80+ degrees as holiday weather.

So, the excuse I'm building toward is - the heat kept it from feeling like it was getting later in the year, and that it had been too long since the blog was updated. Yeah, the heat!

Also, there hasn't been much ground-breaking Ori news to report. 16 months old and this kid is STILL milking his crawling skills for every last drop of knee-scuffing scoot he's got in him! But he finally gave in to the tooth holdout and after popping out with two bottom teeth first, he has three at the top that are following suit.

So enjoy the pics and, WE PROMISE, more frequent blog updates! Unless there's a writer's strike or something like that I can use to excuse away another delay. ;)

-J,K&O

Okay, kind of tough to sell the "heat" excuse when we've got our son dressed like it's a winter wonderland outside. But it is relatively chilly in the mornings (upper 50s - what, I said relatively?!).


There is some news to report... moving up from little square sandwich bites to full-fledged sandwiches!


Play time!



Of course, not all toys are sold in the toy department. Oh, the noises those pots and lids can make!



And a few camera-shy shots to leave you with...





1 comment:

Christa said...

So I'm checking, and I still don't think it's been frequent updates. What are you waiting for, snow? On the other hand, if it's positive reinforcement that works better for you, I love the newest post! Great pictures! Can't wait to see more!