"Day 29" has been the light at the end of the first-month-of-treatment tunnel that Kaye and I have been progressing toward.
We've known that was the day that Ori could stop taking the Dexamethasone steroid which has caused him to gain so much weight, kept him from a good night's sleep and brought on stark mood swings.
That was the day that he'd have another spinal tap and bone marrow procedure to see more completely how his body had reacted to the month's chemo treatments.
That day was yesterday.
All those things happened (stopped the steroids, got the procedures) and we got the results. The preliminary news is that his marrow is now 100% Leukemia-free!
There are additional, more conclusive tests we have to wait a week to receive the results of (they go to the Pacific Northwest), which will solidify this conclusion. There's barely a 3% chance that those tests will show anything different. But then, there was merely a 0.0035% chance that Ori would have Leukemia in the first place, so we're cautiously hopeful.
Should those tests reaffirm what we already suspect, the focus then shifts to keeping him in that state over the next stages of treatment during this 3 year process.
For now, this is the best day of the journey thus far!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, wow, wow. I am so happy for you all!!!
Wonderful news!
Ami
Congratulations! So glad to hear that you received good news. We are thinking of you 3 and wishing you easier days in the months ahead.
Take care-
The Hoxies
Justin,
So happy to hear your good news. I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
Brilliant news! We are thrilled for you all. Enjoy your weekend; a rest both physical and emotional.
Couldn't have hoped for better news!
My mom, Mary, used to work with Kaye in Beaverton, and she showed me your site! My son Josh was diagnosed with ALL on Oct. 31, 2002at age 3. He is now nearly nine years old, but I remember the big day of finishing induction like it was yesterday! Such a relief to take a break from steroids!! Great news for your family. I know the road you are on well, so if you want to chat, e-mail me at eitzen1@verizon.net
Congrats on the great news!
Allison Eitzen
Beautiful news! We've been so out of the loop and disconnected since the hurricane (power, but still no phone/DSL or cable) that I didn't see this until yesterday and am just now able to reply. So thankful and happy! Much love from Texas. XOXO
I'm so glad to hear that...
what wonderful news! Couldn't ask for a better outcome so far.
Post a Comment