Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Andon Lowell Wright has arrived

Amazing how your perspective on life can dramatically change in just one day.

Our Tuesday started with a 2:00am wake-up call to let us know that a hospital bed was available for Kaye's induction. By 3:30am, she was in that bed.

After some pre-delivery medication ran its 4-hour course, the Dr broke Kaye's water at 8:00am. Contractions did their thing and at 12:25pm, after a total of four pushes by mom, 7 lb 9.7 oz, 21 1/4 inch Andon Lowell Wright entered this world.

Everyone is healthy and happy, and tired.

But not too tired for some pictures...

Seconds after he was born

And once away from Mom, let the crying commence...


This one's really just a big yawn w/ Dad - he's not the endless wailer that all these pictures would have you believe


First bath, and wearing an anti-theft device (no joke - attached to his umbilical cord is a square sensor that triggers an alarm at the nurses' desk if he's taken off the Labor & Delivery floor)

Finding comfort back in Mom's arms

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Andon looks healthy and happy and ready to remove all of your remaining energy and sleep!!!

Christa Wiens said...

Hooray! Welcome, Andon! I hope all of you can get some rest. I think you look a little like your brother already. Can't wait for more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful and we are so excited for you 4. Hopefully you can enjoy some rest in the hospital. Take care and we will talk with you soon.

The Hoxies

Sara Deboy said...

How exciting! He is so handsome. I am happy that you are in my world of multiple boys. I strongly recommend one more. I don't know when we will get to meet him, but we will be watching for more pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Super job Mom!!!! and way to go with the cheerleading Dad!!! Congrats Justin! Enjoy your time at home with everyone!!

Richard

Anonymous said...

Love the last picture of Kaye and Andon. What a picture of peace. Congratulations, glad everything went well. We will pet a Koala bear for you :).
Love, Aunt Betsy

juliesgotmail said...

Congratulations to the Wright family (now bigger and more beautiful)!!!!!!

Jessica said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations to all y'all!

Anonymous said...

Cogratulations J,Kaye and Ori. Can I tell you I love your choice of names? But what else but originality would you expect from you...:-) All My Love

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you all, we can't wait to see baby Andon and all of you this Christmas.
Much love!
Marc, Nane, Taylor, & Mack

lmc said...

Congrats Kaye and Family! Christine Downing sent me your blog address through email and I am just so happy for you all. I can only imagine life with a toddler AND a newborn! The toddler is all I can handle right now - you guys are courageous. Hope all continues to go so well.
You can visit rioant.blogspot.com to see my little guy, Rio (close to one of your favorite names!) Louisa Chavez in Eugene