After 3 unsuccessful attempts to push past this last hurdle of treatment, Ori's bloodwork this week showed an ANC high enough to undergo the all-day chemo trifecta: a lumbar puncture/spinal-fluid chemo injection, an IV-drip chemo administration, and a chemo "push" via syringe.
This is expected to cause him to lose the rest of his hair. That and the six chemo shots Dad has to poke him w/ in the arm at home over the next two weeks. Yeah... not looking too forward to that!
Then probably an anticipated blood transfusion each of the next two weeks, followed the week after by either another transfusion (if his counts show that he needs it) or a final lumbar puncture, as we make the transition into monthly appointments (hoorah!).
Progress...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good news comes in strange bundles sometimes, but this is certainly one of them. I don't envy the arm poking...better have a supply of Ben and Jerry's on hand for the extreme graveling on your part.
I just read the word "puncture," and I cringe. I am thinking about you and your family -- hoping you are getting closer to some normalcy.
Post a Comment