Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Bumps Along the Way
The hardest part of this process are all of the unexpected trips to the outpatient clinic and hospital. Since there are already scheduled weekly appointments at the clinic and so many scheduled hospital stays, it is taxing at times to have to make a trip to either of these places unexpectedly.
This week we've made several unexpected trips.
Ori has had a fever these past few days. We spent most of the day both yesterday and today at the clinic getting antibiotics and fluids to help reduce his fever. The fever has persisted and Ori's ANC has dropped significantly, so tonight Andon and I sent Ori and Justin back to the ER to most likely be admitted to the hospital.
Ori was sad. He has been in great spirits these past few days, happy to visit the clinic on both occasions. He never complained once even though we were there much longer than planned on both days.
Tonight, however, it was just too much. He cried and was so sad to leave, but he went.
He should only have to stay a short time, hopefully just a day or two. It all depends on how soon his body stops the fever.
I know he'll feel better in the morning after getting some rest. I'm sure I'll arrive in the morning and see a happy little boy who is once again finding all of the positive things about being in the hospital.
He is truly a remarkable little boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He truly is remarkable. And so are his parents, so he comes by it quite naturally. You two have been amazingly strong and positive through all of this, and that is evident in both of your sons.
I'm thinking about all of you today and hope that this will be a short stay. Please tell Ori that I am sending lots of love and hugs, to him and to the rest of you too!
Post a Comment